Improper brushing can cause bacteria to reside in your teeth and cause cavities. Cavities are empty spaces that are caused by non-removed plaque. Composite dental fillings are a great solution to this problem.
What is a Composite Filling?
Earlier, dental fillings were done using metals or silver. But now, innovations in the dental field have resulted in a new solution called Composite Filling. Composite fillings look natural and blend with the color of your teeth, unlike metal fillings. Metal or silver fillings were flashy and looked unnatural.
Do You Need Composite Filling?
When you feel discomfort about food getting stuck in your teeth for a long time, you should visit your dentist to get a filling. But to make sure whether you can replace your already done metal fillings with composite fillings is to take advice from your dentist. With consultation and examination, you can know whether you are ideal for getting a composite filling, criteria including:
- You have metal fillings that need replacement due to breaking down, or if you are uncomfortable with metallic materials against your teeth and tongue.
- You wish to eliminate any side effects that are caused by metal fillings.
- Have very mild tooth decay that can be done using composite fillings and dental bonding.
- You are experiencing sensitivity with your current fillings.
Know the Benefits of Composite Fillings
Composite fillings come with a lot of advantages, unlike traditional metallic fillings, such as:
- Natural look and feel of tooth-colored filling.
- Less sensitivity.
- Increased strength and durability.
- Bonds to your tooth enamel instead of the cavity area.
- It hardens quickly and won’t fall out easily because it is now a part of your tooth.
- Does not contain mercury.
How are Composite Fillings Done?
Composite fillings take longer to be placed than metal fillings. It is because composite fillings require the tooth to be kept clean and dry while the cavity is filled. In the tooth-colored filling, a white composite resin material is used to bring a natural look. This material is soft and flexible like putty and is cast into your tooth cavity.
The Best Filling is No Filling
Learning to take care of your teeth properly can let you keep your natural teeth as they are and reduce expenses as well. Follow proper dental care techniques to keep smiling brightly with natural unharmed teeth.
Say goodbye to teeth cavities with East burn Dentistry and Implants. We offer the best dental care services by Dr. Daniel Lee including effective composite fillings procedure. Call us at 503 2334871 or visit our website for more details. We are located at 1415 SE Ankeny St, Portland, OR 97214.