Root Canal, also referred to as endodontic treatment, is a dental therapy performed to remove the infected nerves and pulp from a decayed tooth. It is a dental treatment that saves the patient from losing the tooth. At East Burn Dentistry and Implants, the dentist suggests root canal therapy to patients who prefer to avoid dental complications caused by decay.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- The root canal provides relief from the pain caused by the decayed tooth in the mouth. It reduces the discomfort caused by the cavity.
- It saves the patient's decayed tooth and restores its functionality.
- Root canal avoids the chances of oral infections in the mouth.
- It prevents the chances of jawbone degeneration.
- The procedure reinstates the bite force of the patient and helps them to chew their food efficiently.
- It improves the overall oral health of the patient.
How is the Root Canal Treatment performed?
The dentist initiates the root canal rpocedure by making a small hole in the infected tooth. It helps to access the infected pulp and nerves. The dentist removes them with a dental tool which helps to prevent the infection from spreading to the other parts of the mouth.
Removing them does not cause any harm to the patient. The dentist cleans and disinfects the site, which helps to ensure that the infection is completely gone. The dentist also prescribes antibiotic, which helps to remove the infection completely from the teeth.
The hole created on the infected tooth should be sealed to eliminate the chances of any further chances of infection. The dentist performs dental filling, which involves filling the tooth with materials of the patient's choice. This process helps to stabilize the tooth and restore it.
The dentist advises regular dental checkups to maintain the fillings. The patient should also follow good dental health to maintain good dental hygiene. Root Canal is an excellent dental rpocedure that helps to save the patient from dental complications that are involved in tooth decay.
East Burn Dentistry and Implants, located in Portland, OR, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care services for the patients. Call us at 503 233-4871 and schedule an appointment with the dentist to know more about root canal and to receive a complete dental checkup for you and your family.