Most patients who visit dental practices are anxious about their dental treatments. Due to the fear, they neglect their dental needs and avoid dental checkups. At East Burn Dentistry and Implants, the dentist helps the patients remain stress-free with the help of sedation.
Different Levels of Sedation
We provide several levels of sedation at the practice that include:
- Minimal sedation is advised for patients who prefer to remain fully awake but relaxed during the treatment.
- Moderate/conscious sedation allows patients to communicate with the dentist, but they may not remember anything about the treatment.
- Deep sedation helps the patient to sleep through the procedure.
- General anesthesia is for patients who prefer complete unconsciousness during the treatment.
When do you require Sedation during your Dental Treatment?
The dentists recommend the use of sedation on patients who have:
- Anxiety regarding dental procedures.
- Less threshold of bearing pain.
- Sensitive teeth and gums
- Gag reflex
- Multiple dental procedures for your condition
Different Types of Sedation
The dentists of East Burn Dentistry offer various types of sedation based on the type of dental treatment. The most preferred types of sedation have been listed below.
It is a type of sedation that offers mild to moderate effects on the patient. It is consumed in the form of a pill before the treatment, as per the instructions of the dentist. The dentist prescribes the pill according to the level of sedation required for the dental procedure.
Popularly known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is administered to patients with the help of a nasal breathing mask. It calms the patient, helping them to relax during the procedure. It has a rapid effect on the body which also subsides instantly after removing the mask.
Intravenous (IV) Sedation
IV sedation is a type of sedation administered through the patient's vein. It instantly takes action on the patients' bodies, making them feel drowsy. It is an effective and safe option of sedation that is advised for patients during complex dental procedures.
It refers to sedation that makes the patient unconscious during the dental treatment. It is administered through injection, IV or through has inhalation.
East Burn Dentistry and Implants, located in Portland, OR, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care services for the patients. Call us at 503 233-4871 and schedule an appointment with the dentist to know more about sedation dentistry and to receive a complete dental checkup for you and your family.